Hosting Special Guests? Try this Herbal Spa Water
Entertaining Jens, my friend from Germany and Web Site Designer Extraordinaire! Took him to Noodle Wave for lunch last week and he loved the Lemon Grass Ginger tea so much it inspired me to create this Herbal Spa Water Recipe for him! The combination of Herbs, Honey Dew Melon and Fresh Mint are addictive and absolutely refreshing! I think we have found a way to get him off the BEER (although he did suggest it would be even better with tequila)!!
- 1/2 Cup sliced ginger
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Grass (I use Gourmet Garden’s organic Lemon Grass Herb Blend in the squeeze bottle)
- 6 Green Tea Bags
- 1 Honey Dew Melon(very ripe)
- 1 Handful of fresh blueberries (this is just for color)
- 5 Quarts of Water
- 6 Tablespoons of honey (may need more if the honey dew is not overly ripe)
- Bring water to a boil, add lemon grass and ginger. Simmer for twenty minutes.
- Add tea bags and honey. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain. Chill for at least one hour
- In a beverage server or pitcher add the Honey Dew Melon, Blueberries and fill with ice.
- Pour the chilled mixture over the ice and enjoy!
Cheers! A Drink To Your Health!